Thursday, October 6, 2011

Google Docs Group Project - Google Presentation

Google presentation is a cloud based slide show program similar to Microsoft Power Point. It is an amazing tool that will improve my personal productivity, as well as being beneficial in the classroom.

Personally, my family uses MS Power Point every week for a slide show giving the lyrics for the hymns in our Sunday worship service. I would hate to thing of how many times we have left our flash drive at home and I have had to quickly drive back to get it before services begin. This will not happen again, as we will be using Google Presentation and the internet access at the church building.

In the classroom, I will use Google Presentation as a visual aid in many presentations. At times I will still use Power Point to have access to animations such as fade, spin, or bounce. I work with elementary school children with special needs and at times, these animations help the students remember the information. I remember preparing a Power Point to present information for a physical fitness test. By matching the animation to action, such as bouncing to represent a heart beat, students had a a better recall of the information.

For this project, Andrew, Tom, Rachel and I all worked on the same presentation, yet never were actually together or on the same computer. It was exciting to see the project develop. As I was familiar with Power Point, I had high expectations for this program, yet I had never used Google Presentations so I had a lot to learn.

Andrew got the project going by setting up the background, getting our picture loaded, and beginning the bullet points. I added to the bullet points and figured out how to have each bullet point appear with a click of the mouse (after all, if you see all of the points, there is no need to listen to the presenter). The next time I checked back, Tom had added to the presentation and Rachel had joined us and added her part as well.

Check out the presentation, you might not want to pay for Power Point after all.



If you have difficulty viewing the presentation, click here





1 comment:

  1. This embed is very cool. Last step is to add AUDIO !!!!
    We're almost there.

    ReplyDelete